We are seeking a technical business developer to join our dynamic clean-tech start-up located in Maastricht, the Netherlands. As an Business Developer, you will play a crucial role in executing the commercial development role activities of our company including sourcing and securing new technology partners and licensing customers.
The combination of your commercial savvy, understanding of (some of) the relevant markets that we operate in, and technical background will be essential for our company's success. You will be reporting to the CEO.
1. Partnership Development:
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis to identify potential technology partners that align with our clean-tech start-up's objectives and can contribute to the commercialisation of our technology. This includes exploring opportunities with process industry companies, water management companies, equipment suppliers, electrode and membrane manufacturers, and process integrators.
- Engage in proactive outreach and establish meaningful connections with prospective technology partners, presenting our company's value proposition and fostering collaborative relationships.
- Nurture and manage existing technical partner relationships, ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and alignment of goals. Continuously seek opportunities to enhance partnerships and explore avenues for securing revenue streams.
- Collaborate closely with GAFT's technical team and the broader management team, leveraging their expertise and insights to optimize partnership strategies, foster innovation, and drive successful technology commercialization efforts.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market dynamics, and emerging technologies related to our clean-tech sector to identify and seize partnership opportunities that align with our long-term goals.
2. Licensing development
- Identify and evaluate potential licensing customers, particularly fuel producers, that align with our clean-tech start-up's mission and technology offerings.
- Initiate and nurture relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders at target companies to understand their needs, assess their licensing potential, and explore potential partnerships.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify licensing opportunities, competitive landscape, and industry trends to inform licensing strategies.
- Collaborate with the legal and finance teams to negotiate and structure licensing agreements, including terms, pricing, and intellectual property rights, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with internal technical teams to provide comprehensive technical information and documentation to prospective licensing partners, showcasing the value and potential of our clean-tech solutions.
- Manage the entire licensing process, including proposal development, contract negotiations, due diligence, and finalizing licensing agreements.
- Monitor and track licensing agreements, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations and resolving any potential issues or disputes that may arise.
- Continuously evaluate and optimize the licensing strategy by assessing market feedback, monitoring competitor activities, and identifying areas for improvement or expansion.
- Stay updated on industry developments, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to technology licensing to maintain a competitive edge in the clean-tech market.
By effectively executing the tasks associated with technology licensing, you will play a critical role in expanding our market reach, driving revenue growth, and establishing strategic partnerships that enable the widespread adoption of our clean-tech solutions.
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Biotech or comparable technical background that is useful for electrolyser or fermentation processes.
- Proven experience working as a Business Developer or in a similar commercial role, preferably in a start-up environment or clean-tech industry, chemistry, electrolyser industry, technology licensing companies, process industry, fermentation or similar.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, particularly Powerpoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with clean-tech industry terminology and understanding of environmental sustainability concepts.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Range: €65,000 to €80,000. However, please note that this is a general estimate and the actual salary offered will be based on your specific qualifications and experience.
- Additionally, as a start-up, we understand the importance of attracting and retaining top talent. Therefore, we may offer additional incentives or benefits to our employees. These could include equity options, performance bonuses, professional development opportunities, or other perks that contribute to a rewarding work experience.
- We believe in creating a positive and supportive work environment that rewards excellence, promotes growth, and fosters a strong sense of teamwork.
- Join our innovative clean-tech start-up and contribute to building a sustainable future. Apply now with your resume and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
- GAFT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Send your application to email@example.com