We are seeking a highly motivated R&D Manager to lead our research and development initiatives. The R&D Manager will oversee a team of researchers, scientists, engineers, and technicians, and will be responsible for driving innovation, managing projects, and ensuring the successful development and delivery of new products or technologies. The ideal candidate has a strong background in scientific research, excellent leadership and project management skills, and a proven track record of delivering successful R&D outcomes.
You will be reporting to the CTO and working closely with the business development on market intelligence.
1. Lead and manage the R&D team:
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and coaching to a team of researchers and technicians (2-5 FTEs)
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Set clear goals and expectations for the team and monitor performance.
2. Develop and execute the R&D strategy:
- Define the research and development roadmap aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Identify emerging trends, technologies, and opportunities for innovation.
- Establish partnerships and collaborations with external research organisations, universities, and industry experts.
3. Project management:
- Plan, organise, and prioritise R&D projects (internal project and European research project) to ensure timely completion.
- Allocate resources effectively and monitor project budgets.
- Track project progress, identify and mitigate risks, and adjust plans as needed.
4. Drive innovation and product development:
- Conduct thorough market research to identify customer needs and trends.
- Generate new ideas, concepts, and technologies to enhance existing products or develop new ones.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and marketing, to translate ideas into tangible products.
5. Ensure compliance and quality:
- Maintain adherence to applicable regulations, standards, and intellectual property considerations.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of research outcomes.
6. Communication and reporting:
- Present R&D updates, progress reports, and findings to senior management and stakeholders.
- Foster effective communication channels within the R&D team and cross-functional teams
- Preferred PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or comparable degree.
- Background knowledge and experience in electrochemistry, preferably on CO2 reduction with a focus on materials/electrode expertise.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry regulations, intellectual property, and quality standards.
- Proven experience working within a research team and preferably experience managing research staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced start-up company.
- Range: €65,000 to €80,000. However, please note that this is a general estimate and the actual salary offered will be based on your specific qualifications and experience.
- Additionally, as a start-up, we understand the importance of attracting and retaining top talent. Therefore, we may offer additional incentives or benefits to our employees. These could include equity options, performance bonuses, professional development opportunities, or other perks that contribute to a rewarding work experience.
- We believe in creating a positive and supportive work environment that rewards excellence, promotes growth, and fosters a strong sense of teamwork.
- Join our innovative clean-tech start-up and contribute to building a sustainable future. Apply now with your resume and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
- GAFT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org