We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Accountant to join our dynamic clean-tech start-up located in Maastricht, the Netherlands. As an Accountant, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial activities of our company, ensuring accurate and timely recording of transactions, and providing valuable insights to support strategic decision-making. Your expertise in accounting principles, financial analysis, and clean-tech industry knowledge will be essential for our company's success.
1. Financial Management:
- Manage all aspects of the company's financial activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and forecasts for management, investors, and other stakeholders.
2. Budgeting and Planning:
- Collaborate with management to develop and maintain the company's annual budget, project budgets, cost estimates, and expense allocations.
- Monitor budget execution, analyze variances, and provide regular reports to management, highlighting areas of concern and proposing corrective actions.
- Assist in the development of financial models and scenario analyses to support business planning and decision-making.
3. Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and prepare timely and accurate tax filings.
- Coordinate with external auditors and facilitate the completion of annual audits or reviews.
- Maintain proper documentation of financial records and ensure adherence to internal control procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant accounting standards and industry trends to ensure compliance and best practices.
4. Financial Strategy and Support:
- Collaborate with the management team to develop financial strategies aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Provide financial analysis and insights to support strategic initiatives, investment decisions, and business expansion plans.
- Assist in evaluating potential funding opportunities, grants, and incentives in the clean-tech industry. Act as Contact person for the EU grants (LEAR) and local Dutch grants (i.e., WBSO).
- First point of contact for HR related questions (supported by external HR consultant).
- Main point of contact for all insurance policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A professional accounting designation (CPA) is highly desirable.
- Proven experience working as an Accountant or in a similar financial role, preferably in a start-up environment or clean-tech industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, and reporting standards.
- Proficiency in using accounting software (Exact) and MS Office, particularly Excel for financial analysis.
- Familiarity with clean-tech industry terminology and understanding of environmental sustainability concepts.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Range: €30,000 to €65,000. However, please note that this is a general estimate and the actual salary offered will be based on your specific qualifications and experience.
- Additionally, as a start-up, we understand the importance of attracting and retaining top talent. Therefore, we may offer additional incentives or benefits to our employees. These could include equity options, performance bonuses, professional development opportunities, or other perks that contribute to a rewarding work experience.
- We believe in creating a positive and supportive work environment that rewards excellence, promotes growth, and fosters a strong sense of teamwork.
- Join our innovative clean-tech start-up and contribute to building a sustainable future. Apply now with your resume and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
- GAFT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Send your application to email@example.com